Follow my adventures as I spend the semester in southern Mexico studying sustainable development through SIT.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Until the next adventure...
All of a sudden, the end of the semester is here. My 42-page final paper (written in Spanish!) on the women of Vida Nueva is done, and everyone is coming back together in just three days for our final weekend together. My dad’s arriving on Sunday, and I can’t wait to spend a week showing him all around Oaxaca. There’s only so much that can be described through words and pictures, so I’ll be very glad to have someone close to me here to experience a bit of it all. Plus, my budget will be much bigger than it’s been all semester, so I can finally try all of the fancy tourist restaurants I’ve been avoiding all semester! Then, in just 12 days, I’m flying back to Madison. I’ll only be there for two weeks, and then I’m spending 6 weeks exploring Germany, France, and Italy with a few good friends. It’s hard to believe that my time in Mexico is ending—on the one hand, I’ll be very glad to move on to my next adventure, but on the other hand there’s a lot I’m going to miss about Mexico. Most of all, I’m going to miss all of the incredible people I’ve met. I’ve definitely grown as a result of this semester, and I’m worried I’ll be in extreme culture shock heading back to the USA. Thanks to my family and friends who’ve spent the semester plowing through my first ever blog. It’s certainly been an interesting experience, this blogging thing. But it’s definitely helped me keep in touch, and I can’t wait until the fall when I’m back in the Midwest to see you all and to hear all about your semester!
No comments:
Post a Comment