Follow my adventures as I spend the semester in southern Mexico studying sustainable development through SIT.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Homeward Bound (via Mexico City)!

What a crazy weekend. Saturday morning I received an email from the Truman foundation, informing me that I had been selected as a finalist for the Truman scholarship. They told me that my interview would be this Friday, March 4, in Saint Paul, Minnesota. No big deal, since I’m currently in southern Mexico. A hectic 24 hours of booking flights and hotels ensued, and luckily my program was really supportive of me leaving for a few days. We’re all leaving tomorrow morning for a week-long excursion to Mexico City, further facilitating my departure. So from Monday to Thursday morning, I’ll be in Mexico City. From Thursday afternoon to Saturday morning I will be back in the USA. Saturday night I’ll rejoin the group in Mexico City, and then Monday I’ll come back to Oaxaca! It’s going to be a nerve-wracking, exciting, and stressful week! But it’ll be nice to see my parents for 24 hours, and, while I don’t have much confidence that I’ll get the scholarship, the whole adventure will be a good experience.

See the list of 2011 Truman finalists here:

2 comments:

  1. Angela: Congratulations and good luck with the travel and the interview. John Phillips

    ReplyDelete